The City of Houston Solid Waste Department and CompuCycle are providing monthly one day E-Recyclable collection events on the first Saturday of the month at the Kingwood Metro Park & Ride lot. This is primarily for City of Houston residents, but CompuCycle says no one will be turned away.
CompuCycle - Houston’s first R2 certified electronic solutions provider - guarantees that all data will be permanently destroyed and that electronic items will not end up in our landfills. If parts of the equipment can be reused, they will make sure that this is accomplished, and no parts will be sent to Asia or Africa.
Since the program began last year, collections have averaged about 15,000 pounds per month. Thank you for caring, recycling, and keeping these hazardous substances from the landfill! Compucycle is able to salvage for reuse or sell almost all materials turned in at these events. That is a win win for everyone!
- Computers and all related equipment (laptops, keyboards, mices, monitors, printers, hard drives, copiers, scanners, fax, machines, projectors, hubs and routers, etc.)
If you want your hard drive shredded on-site, please remove it from the computer
- Televisions (less than 27 inches only!). Larger TV’s can be dropped at Compucycle facility (or given for FREE on Freecycle.org or KingwoodYardSale.com if still working)
- All other electronics (game consoles, telephones, cell phones, PDAs, tape drives, cameras, stereo equipment, etc.)
- Small appliances & anything with a plug (hair dryers, curling irons, straighteners, alarm clocks, irons, radios, electric fans, etc.)
- Rechargeable & car batteries
- Switches, cords & cables
- VHS tapes, floppy drives and CD’s
- Toner cartridges.
You can also recycle these items at the CompuCycle warehouse. Check their web site for details: www.compucycle.net